Friday, September 5, 2008

Cute Things that Anya Says and Does #1

So I'm going to start a series of posts so I can record the things that Anya says or does that I want to remember. If you find these boring and/or the ravings of an overly sentimental mommy, please feel free to ingore.

  • Pigtails and pony tails are "pony hair"
  • Her night light is a "light dark". If I try to correct her, she corrects me back and says "no, light dark"
  • Eli is "I-lie"
  • She has to pick up a white rock from our front flower bed before we go to the mailbox, which she then carefully puts back upon our return
  • She stands in front of Sean (or Grandpa) while seated, and throws herself knees first onto their stomach while yelling "gut bomb!"
  • She asks permission to run - "Run? Run?"
  • Okay is O-tay (said loudly with a vigorous head nod)
  • When asked who has tattoos, she starts with Mommy, then names Bompa, Jake and Aunt Patti. She also carefully inspects each of Mommy's tattoos on a regular basis (wing! daggon! foot!")
  • She has developed a bug phobia and will scream and cry when even a ladybug comes near. She waves her arms wildly and shouts "go 'way, bug!"
  • She says "bye Sorka, bye Belle" when we leave the house
  • When I started closing the garage door the other day after we came home from a walk and Willow was still in the stroller, she started crying and yelling "Baby! baby!" until I picked Willow up and reassured her that Mommy wouldn't forget baby and the garage door wouldn't hurt her.
  • She has to sleep with Lion, Puppy, Brown Dog and Piggy. If any of the quartet is missing she screams bloody murder. Since Friend is sitting on my bed as I write this, it seems hypocritical to not make sure they are all tucked in each night...
  • She sniffs Bompa's cheek and says "Old Spice!"
  • Rather than sucking on her thumb, she holds the back of her wrist up to her mouth for comfort (she doesn't suck on it, just rests it there). Willow has already started doing this too.

2 comments:

Nicole LH Medeiros said...

I love love love the Old Spice!!!! And the rock thing is somewhat interesting to me I am not sure what to think of it though except she is very orderly like me!

The Web Diva said...

Well, if that's the case I have no idea where she got it from! Ha!